Alright wonderful readers, I need your help. With baby #3 on the way and my vehicle dying (no AC and sporadically needs to be jump started – oh yeah, it’s been super fun this summer in Las Vegas heat), I am looking at new vehicles, well new to us used vehicles. I've had the same vehicle since high school and I'm super sad to move on, but it's time.
It may still be another couple months before we buy something, but I need your input.
VAN or SUV?
Here’s my pros and cons list for each
My personal favorites: Toyota Sienna and Honda OdysseyVan
- sliding doors, no hitting car next to you
- lots of cargo space
- better gas mileage
- lower to the ground is easier for kids to get in by themselves
- it’s a van
- lower to the ground limits where it can go
- not as safe in a front end crash
Personal favorites: Nissan Pathfinder and ArmadaSUV
- more versatile, can take it camping or whatever
- higher off the ground which to me feels safer
- 3rd row – seats 8
- More hauling power
- swing out doors
- typically bigger/wider = harder to park?
- not as much cargo space when third row is in use
- higher center of gravity- can roll easier
So what have you had experience with and what would you recommend? Where would you recommend buying a used vehicle from?