I've been back from girl's camp for a week now, unfortunately though I don't have a single picture to show for it so for all my husband knows, I was at the lodge on vacation instead of sleeping in a tent. :-D It was a ton of fun and the weather was beautiful, a touch on the cool side but I rather enjoyed it knowing it was triple digits back home.
So now that I'm home and I've recovered my sleep, laundry is caught up, cleaning is mostly done, and we're back to our regular 'schedule' I am jumping back into some projects. This one jumped to the top of my list when I saw our most recent power bill: lining on our curtains. I got curtains for our windows a while back at Ikea, just some simple cotton ones. Then I got a whole bolt of black out liner at Joann's, on sale and with a coupon it cost me $2/yard before tax! Talk about a huge score, at least I thought it was.
So I simple measured out the lining and pinned it to the back of my curtains and sewed it together.
Here's a shot of the window before. It does a nice job of softening the light, but heat definitely still comes through. (this is just one of two panels, by the way)
And here's the comparison. I have a bunch more windows to go, but this is going to help a whole lot. Yeah for energy saving!
I also plan on painting these curtains for our room like this tutorial (brilliant!) I just need to find a pattern that my hubby likes too. Hopefully this will be the beginning of many items checked off my list.