This is long overdue. I have been meaning to write this post for a long time now, but between Christmas, my boys coming down with a yucky stomach bug, visiting family, and New Years, I haven't gotten to it until now....
Anyway, Happy, Healthy & Domestic has been nominated for the Liebster Award! Since I put this post off for so long, I was actually nominated by The Lost Apron, Apple of Mama's Eye, and Healthy Higgins! Thank you guys so much!
The Liebster Blog Award is an award you receive and an award that is granted to new, up and coming bloggers with great potential and fewer than 200 followers. It was created to
promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. "Liebster" is a German word meaning sweetest, kindest, nicest,
dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, or
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
5. No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
So here goes...
11 Random things about me:
1. I spent a year as an exchange student in Belgium
2. I was once fluent in French because of said year, but lack of practice has caused me to forget A LOT!
3. My parents are flight attendants so I was lucky enough to never pay for a plane ticket until I got married.
4. I like to sew, but have never had any formal lessons so some projects intimidate me.
5. My favorite number is 7
6. I was Varsity softball captain my senior year
7. I have never liked the color pink
8. I am really not a big reader, but go to a book club to support the other ladies hosting it.
9. I have two scars from chicken pox, one on my cheek and one by my eye brow.
10. I love riding horses
11. I had several pet snakes growing up.
Nominator Questions (The Lost Apron)
1. What is your favorite holiday tradition that your family does? We don't really have any just yet, but when I was growing up I loved waking up early on Christmas and seeing what Santa had brought me and what was in my stocking. I was also really good at guessing my presents from shaking/feeling them. lol
2. What is your favorite type of exercise? Yoga
3. Where are you longing to travel to? Greece
4. What is your pet peeve? I have a bunch, haha, but chewing with an open mouth probably tops my list.
5. Why did you decide to blog? To share pictures of my son with family and it turned into a craft blog.
6. What is a special skill that you have? I don't really know
7. What is your favorite pastime? I like to hike, hang out with friends, and play with my boys.
8. What is the one thing you do differently than your mom? I know how to use a computer...lol. I definitely had the advantage growing up with them, but I usually have to help her with something a couple times a month.
9. What is one of your time wasters? Recently it has been Instagram! haha
10. What was your favorite comment on your blog about? I made a t-shirt quilt over the summer and I was so happy I could inspire others.
11. What have you made (created) that you are most proud of? my kids :-D
Nominator Questions (Apple of Mama's Eye)
1. Do you have children? yep, two boys 3 and 1
2. Why did you start blogging? already answered
3. What is your favorite movie? Hmm...that's a tough one...my favorite one from my childhood is Hook and City Slickers lol
4. What do you do for a living? I'm a stay at home mom
5. Do you like to sew? yep
6. What do you do to relax after a long day? Pinterest
7. What is your favorite book?
8. What is your favorite food? Pretty much anything Italian or Asian
9. How old are you? 25
10. What state do you live in? Nevada
11. Who is your biggest inspiration? There are several people who inspire me. I have friends who inspire me to be a better mom, wife, and homemaker. I have women I look up to for being able to balance family, their blog, projects, their businesses, and all that comes with a home. I don't know how they do it and make it look effortless. I am inspired by those who devote their lives to serving others.
Nominator Questions (Healthy Higgins)
1. What is one thing you have always wanted to do but haven't (yet)? See the 7 wonders of the world
2. Do you have children? already answered
3. Who is your biggest inspiration? already answered
4. Why did yout start Blogging? already answered
5. What is your favorite movie? already answered
6. What is your favorite food? already answered
7. Where would you travel if you could go to only 1 place? Greece
you were stranded on a deserted island would you rather have
electricity and your gadgets, or the actor/singer of your dreams? electricity and my gadgets
9. What is your favorite meal of the day (Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Dessert)? Uh, dinner I guess. Don't really enjoy cooking, but I do it for my family. haha
10. What do you do to relax after a long day? already answered
11. What is your favorite book? already answered
Questions For My Nominees:
1. What is your favorite color?
2. How many states have you traveled to?
3. What is your strongest attribute?
4. What is your greatest ambition?
5. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
6. What's your favorite tv show?
7. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
8. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
9. What is your favorite app on your phone?
10. How long ago did you start blogging?
11.Where were you born?
1. Raising Daisies
2. Love To Be in the Kitchen
3. The Home Tipster
4. Watch Out, Martha!
5. Pearls, Paisleys, and Petticoats
6. Julia Kendrick
7. Optimal Living
8. Making a McHome
9. Learning to be a Mom
10. Adoring the Simple
11. Mommy and the Monsters
Note to nominees: Please leave me a comment with your post so I can
read up on you. Also link back to this post on your blog. (Please do
not be offended if you have way more than 200 followers.)